So, i’ve been working all day on bringing you a new post on my Too Faced Cosmetics new eye shadow palette, as well as my nars lipstick review– but alas my camera batteries have died and it’s 11pm. So instead, i thought i’d take the opportunity to get to know you guys a little bit more! (Plus, i’m putting off writing my behavior of criminology report! OOPS!)
Here’s a tag that i got from one of my favorite bloggers : Sleeping Bootay
1. What is one product that makes you feel like a million dollars?
This was super tough. I wasn’t sure whether it had to be a product per se, or if it could be a pair of shoes- cause i have this super awesome pair of hot pink, sequin, rhinestone flats that paired with skinny jeans give me an instant confident boost. However, since this is a beauty blog, i’m going to go ahead and pick something i have only had about two weeks- my Too Faced Eye Shadow from the Romantic Palette. I have an “old hollywood” type face- very porcelain skin, features, and i would be considered “plus size” by todays standards, so this romantic palette definitely fits this theme- and it always makes me feel great!
2. What is your skincare secret? / A passed down skin care tip
Working for the Body Shop i learned quite a few random secrets- and if you’d like to hear more, let me know! However, my favorite is what i call a “time saver” and if for the on the go girl (like me!). I use a glycerin based (it lathers) shower gel with scrub particles- to shave my legs. When i tell people, they look at me like i am nuts- but don’t knock it until you try it. It doesn’t really have any affect on the razor edge, and it really makes my skin so soft!
Also, a few of my friends suffer from eczema, so i often suggest to them not using soap that is not glycerin- or that contains sls. Parabens are also dangerous, so for those of you with skin issues (and don’t we all have them) i suggest trying to stay away from the cheapy brands (bath and body works= alcohol based) and investing in handmade items. Great company for this: Little Egg Harbor Soap Company.
3. Share your hair care secret?
I wash my hair every. single. day. (And i have done this for 22 years!) I thought it was insane that people didn’t, until i did some major research. Even still, i do it sometimes. I have super thick hair and it looks greasy if i don’t. My favorite hair care secret right now is a tie between WEN cleansing conditioner and Doctor Sweet Tooth’s Rock Star Candy Dry Shampoo. Both help me out inbetween washes, but Wen makes my hair super soft!
4. What is your biggest diet rule?
Remember way back to question one when i tell you that i would be considered plus size? Well, that ties in here. I don’t believe in diets- but i do believe in Weight Watchers! I lost a ton of weight on their diet plan a few years back and since i am a bridesmaid, i’ve promised to give it another go. Be healthy. Stop comparing yourself to other people, and eat what you want to. I personally love water with lemon and would drink it 24 hours a day if i could!
5. Any workout tips?
Seeing that i have studied quite a lott of workouts as a Physical Therapy Student, i would say to find the one thing that you don’t think of as a workout- for me it’s walking on the beach. I love the beach and enjoy walking my dog on it, so its effortless for me to get the dog and go walking. Yet if you told me to go on the stair master i would moan and groan until the cows came home!
6. Which perfume is your secret weapon?
– One of my favorite bosses, Amanda, used to always tell me that i “smell like cookies”! I love the Aquolina Pink Sugar perfume because people always compliment me on it, and it gets me talking to strangers. I love meeting new people even though i’m shy! My second favorite is Doctor Sweet Tooth’s Conversation Hearts Spray. My grandma used to bring me the Candy Conversation Hearts every year on Valentines Day, and this is a way to keep her with me even though she’s passed away. Whenever i wear it, it’s like our own little secret- i think, “I’m wearing this for you Gram, i Miss you and love you!” and I believe that somehow, this makes her smile.
7. Show us a clothing item of yours which always turns heads
I’m not just a product Junkie, i’m a handbag hoarder. I spent a year working with one of the world’s top manufacturers of handbags. My favorite handbag- which i will have to post a picture of when my camera works, is a silver creme hand bag with Gold C’s (you can guess the brand) and an applique flower. It’s called the Madison Aplique Flower Sophia Satchel. Regardless, I love it! I rarely wear it because it’s light colored and i get worried that the color of my jeans (rayon bleeds) will turn it colors! I typically opt for my Kristin Hobo!
8. What is your most treasured piece of jewellery?
I rescued a few pieces from my Grandma. One ring in particular is made up of old mine diamonds which are from about 1940. They don’t sparkle as much because people actually mined these diamonds in America and they were really put up against the elements, but again, I love old hollywood and this particular ring definitely makes me feel good. Wearing it makes me feel close to my grandma, which is a common theme i’m sure you see. She was my best friend!
9. Who is your style crush?
– My style crush is anyone who oozes confidence and wears what they want when they want. I LOVE Anne Hathaway, Jackie Kennedy, Princess Kate, Olivia Wilde, Zooey Deschanel, and Joan Rivers. YUP.. Joan Rivers! I love her line of boyfriend suit jackets on QVC. They really make a woman’s body look nice! These women have a classic style that is all their own.
10. Tell us something we don’t know about you
I’m not sure what you would want to hear. I know you can go and just read my bio and find out some things about me which pretty accurately describes my work experience and passions. I have a beagle named Oreo who is 15 years old and i spend all my time with her by my side. I have gone to three colleges so far, one for addiction studies (associates degree) another for physical therapy (associates), a third for Psychology (bachelors) and my fourth will be for my graduate degree in Mental Health Counseling. The reason it took so long is rather personal- i suffered a loss that changed the very course of my life in my senior year of high school and led me to a road that was rather tough. I am the kid that almost dropped out of college during my first associates degree and now i am entering graduate school. I spent a few years listening to all the negativity around me, and for a while thought that i was “Too stupid”, (like everyone told me) to do something with my life. Obviously, i found out that they were wrong! If ever you want someone to talk to, or even if you have beauty questions, i invite you to reach out to me via email: email@example.com. I truly love learning about new people, different cultures- and learning, in general!